Since you're here, I expect you tried to play Spellcraft and the antivirus software on your computer reported Spellcraft contains a virus and blocks you from playing. That makes it harder to have fun!
We have a set of strategies we use to ensure that the game we create & distribute to you does not contain viruses, and so are confident that the antivirus software is incorrect.
Antivirus software is designed to detect and remove software viruses using heuristics, which is another name for intelligent guesses. Antivirus companies do good work but are battling against criminal hackers trying to take over computers for evil & profit. Sometimes mistakes happen and your fun gets blocked.
Some of the errors you might see are:
- If the Spellcraft launcher is quarantined then the shortcut may be pointing to a program that is missing.
- If the Spellcraft application is quarantined then the launcher runs fine but you see an error about either a missing file or a missing entry point.
You might see an error like “ (2): The system cannot find the file specified” or some similarly puzzling error message.
So what can you do to fix this?
- First, you’ll have to add Spellcraft to the exception list in your antivirus software. Below are links to information on how to do that for most common antivirus programs:
- How do I add Spellcraft as an exception to AVG
- How do I add Spellcraft as an exception to Avast
- How do I add Spellcraft as an exception to Avira
- How do I add Spellcraft as an exception to McAfee Antivirus
- How do I add Spellcraft as an exception to Norton Antivirus
- How do I add Spellcraft as an exception to Reasonlabs RAV Antivirus
- How do I add Spellcraft as an exception to Windows Defender
- Next up: Add the following directory to your exemption list: %localappdata%\OneMoreGame
- NOTE: %localappdata% (as mentioned above) is a default path. In the event that you installed Spellcraft somewhere else, you’ll have to look for the Spellcraft directory in that location and thus also add that directory to your antivirus exception list.
- Once that’s done, run the "Repair Game Files" button which you can find under the "Menu" button.
- When the game is finished repairing your game files, you should be good to go.
If this doesn't fix it you can try to uninstall the game and start fresh. Here's a link to the Spellcraft Installer.
And if none of our suggested solutions work, please get in touch with us so we can help get you back into the game.
One final note: if you're running programs that purport to be Spellcraft "trainers" or "cheat tools", or programs that supposedly give you "free game coins", they are almost certainly infested with viruses, and they likely infect not just our game, but your entire computer! In that case you'll need to use antivirus software to remove all the suspicious software, and install Spellcraft again once your computer is clean.
Article is closed for comments.